Statement of intent

 As my music video is created to a soca track, I intend to showcase the euphoric feeling of community, unity and togetherness that soca music means for most carribeans. I want to show that soca music is more than just a sound, but it is a movement , it is the heartbeat that brings people of all ethnicities, islands, age and the people of the many diasporas residing in the United Kingdom as it creates a shared feeling of home and warmth amongst them. 

My core intention is to move away from an individual performance but instead showcase multiple different people's perspectives on their experiences with the music. Soca is meant to be enjoyed and shared, given this, my music video will show friends, family and more of all different generations enjoying and celebrating the music in attempt of keeping the culture alive.  I will also highlight the diversification in our community aswell and show how carribean culture isnt just for carribeana to enjoy. Whether it's carnival -style movement or barbecue in the garden 

, the focus will be on the minority rather then me. 

Visually, I'd use bright  colours like red, orange ,blue to reflect the energy and warmth that comes from the carribean. I would record this music video in multiple locations like get togethers, gardens , open spaces, the streets of Notting Hill itself and more.

I will use birdseye shots to show how many people was celebrating  with a mix of close up to highlight the significance of the music. 

At first, the music video will be shown with dark undertones and colours of grey and dullness to display what life feels like withoutsoca.abd community with me starring as it slowly graduates into everybody celebrating . Editing will be sharp and rhythmic in attempt to match the soca rhythm.

Ultimately, this music video is to show that carribean music is ideal for happiness and community and it will always be the cure to loneliness. Soca music.



Song of choice famalay-machael montano skinny fabulous bunji garlin



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

nhs representation

Introduction to media index.

Demographics and demographics